Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blue green man

On April Fool's Day I joined 300-400 people in the 31st Annual St. Stupid's Day Parade in San Francisco. For two hours the First Church of the Last Laugh, led by Bishop Joey, celebrated St. Stupid's Day by walking through the Financial District for two hours with various stops along the way. Two notable stops are the throwing of pennies at the black granite sculpture in front of the Bank of America Building (while one of the paraders put up a police-type yellow tape saying 'White Collar Crime Scene') and the annual Sock Exchange in front of the old Pacific Stock Exchange Building where the air is filled with thrown socks. Most paraders are costumed, or in the case of about half a dozen people, uncostumed (nude). One such was this blue green man whose whole body was painted (actually I didn't see the bottoms of his feet). I know it was because he happily posed facing me but I am too chicken to send out that photo; here's the view you get of him. I went in civvies just for the experience as did quite a few others.

No comments: