Saturday, December 5, 2009

Orbs


Last Thursday I took a photo of this ditch with the reeds, which flows into Corte Madera Creek.  The photo didn't look the way it appeared to the eye and Hans suggested I try the flash.  That photo came out very dark and I gave up.  However, in Photoshop  I lightened the dark photo and behold! orbs!  I was a bit excited because I have seen such pictures in which some people think the orbs represent souls frequenting certain spots.  ooooooo!

However, the reality is probably a bit more prosaic.  It was a misty day and the flash bounced off moisture drops in the air that were very close to the lens.  Not on the lens, as can be seen in the photo taken seconds earlier, but just close.  For further elucidation see: http://www.ghostvillage.com/resources/2006/features_11092006.shtml

No comments: