Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Falling tree


I'm here to report exciting times on Bear Valley Trail Tuesday morning.  We have had quite a bit of rain this last week.  Hans, Bob and I had walked out three-quarters of a mile or so on the trail when I turned back and they went on.  About halfway back I heard a crack up the hill, then more cracking and a crash and I could see debris and rocks coming down the hill.  The falling tree was obscured by other trees until I walked on farther.  I think this is the tree that fell. 

Then after a bit I heard a big crack behind me and out of sight; I waited and there was no more sound.  Well!  When the others returned they told of a big 4-inch limb that lay across the road - where I had been walking!  And shortly before they got there!  We were all lucky.

No comments: